Advocating with and on behalf of our community
SAGE stands proudly with the LGBT pioneers across the country who’ve been fighting for decades for their right to live with dignity and respect.
We are excited to work with the current administration and key staff in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco, plus our nationwide network of affiliates, to advocate for LGBT older people at the federal, state, and local levels. We:
- Mobilize LGBT people and allies when our rights are at stake
- Educate policy makers about LGBT aging issues
- Release original policy briefs, publications, and infographics
- Lead coalitions that integrate diverse elders into policy conversations
- March and rally with LGBT older people and our allies